The beginnings of WIZO in Switzerland date back to 1924
That year a small group of Zionist women was founded in St. Gallen by Miss Fanny Hauser (later Mrs. Fay Grove-Pollak), and a second in Zurich by Dr Augusta Weldler-Steinberg .
In 1929, 1931, 1937 and 1939, the WIZO World Conferences were held in Switzerland.
The delegates to the last Conference in August 1939 in Geneva remember the tense atmosphere that reigned before World War II. Some delegates were even prevented from returning home because of the outbreak of World War II in September 1939. Many others were able to return to their country, but were killed at the end of their trip.
During the war years, the chaverot , in addition to their work for Palestine, were actively engaged in relief activities.
Towards the end of the war, some chaverot managed to flee the Nazis and reach Switzerland, including chaverot from WIZO Hungary.
In 1957, the Swiss WIZO joined the Swiss Zionist Federation.
At that time, WIZO Switzerland had 3,198 members.